Friday, August 20, 2010

It's been a while...

Hey everyone,

I know it's been a while since my last post but it's been a whirlwind of a summer and I can't believe it's already over. I'm starting my senior year in college and I can't for the life of me tell you where the time went.

London was amazing. I can't even begin to describe my experience in any way that will really convey what all happened and what I experienced. I can tell you this though- I've made new friends that I hope to keep for a long time and I have memories that will definitely last for the rest of my life. I took a zillion pictures and even those don't do it justice. My advice: if you get the chance to go abroad for any reason, TAKE IT! Pictures and movies and personal recollections can't realy explain that it's like. It's not just the fact that you see things and can touch things that have been around for centuries but also the sense of independence and the feeling that you can do anything is exhilarating. I wouldn't take back my experiences over there for anything.

All of a sudden I'm a senior in college. A senior. In college! That means in a few short months I'll be (hopefully) moving away and starting a real job. While I really do feel like my classes and internships are preparing me for the real world I feel as though time is suddenly speeding up. I feel as though my safety net is being pulled out from underneath me. I know that I'm not the only one who feels this way and I won't be the last but this feeling of now knowing what is coming is so unfamiliar and it's both exhilarating and terrifying at the same time. I feel as though my life is about to change dramatically and I'm just treading water until BAM! things take off and I'm on yet another roller coaster that hopefully will lead to fun, fascinating, and incredible things.

I have no idea what I'm going to do, where I'm going to go, or who I'm going to meet but I trust that things will happen in exactly the right and best way for me. Even though I am terrified of what's coming in the next few months I know that all this training and preparation that I've taken will help me succeed. Now I just have to keep my head above water as things begin to speed up. A full class schedule, an internship, an job, and trying to savor every last moment of college life is going to be a day-at-a-time process but hopefully I'll make it through!

No comments:

Post a Comment